Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 31 March 2014

Birthday Treats




Hi Everyone
Ive had a lovely weekend of treats - birthday and Mothers Day combined. Lots of little gifts and lovely food. I'm exhausted by over eating ! But I had a lovely time. Thank you to everyone who sent me messages and gifts. I received some fantastic gifts whichI will share over the next few days.

I also had a little time messing around with some clay beads and a little bit of painting over the weekend too. The beads are an idea Ive been thinking about for some time and may find themselves made into a necklace in the shops - one day. At the moment, the beads are under development and Im experimenting. I will make myself a prototype necklace and wear it to check if it's wearable and practical.

Ive had this idea in my head for a while and am inspired by the work of Amy Tavern (see her blog) Amy make a similar sort of design in metals. This is my take on a range of tube beads using clay.








I want to turn these tube beads into a necklace by threading them onto long link pins.
I need to make individual link pins per bead because Ive made individual size beads. I want the beads to move and slide a little and Ive hammered the pins flat.









The next photo shows how the links will attach to each other.








I want to keep the necklace relatively short so the combination of bead lengths is key. There is a chance the necklace will not lie well but I hope to use different bead lengths to adapt the design. I plan to make a clasp to suit. I should have something to share in a few days.

On another matter! here's a look at the final Make Art Monday painting from last week.









I decided to write part of my story on the painting. The words do give a bit of interest to the painting (I think). I am quite pleased with the result. This was a very quick production and I like the characters.
I'm not sure what this weeks prompt will be - need to check it out in a moment. I really enjoyed doing this one.

Thanks for reading.
Bye for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment