Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Star Dangle Earrings




Hi Everyone
It's day 2 of the '12 days of jewellery @ thepapersac'. Today, it's the Star Bead again but this time I'm using a few dangle style earring hooks with the beads as well as a hoop style. Look back to day 1 for notes on how to make the Star Beads.
I've made a few different shaped hooks for the earrings and a couple of the designs use an interchangeable bead idea to allow the hooks to be used with different colours and/or bead combinations.
Here are the earrings :



Each pair of earrings allows the use of all the Star Bead sizes and colours but I've used the smaller versions here. Number 1 and 2 use a gold wire and 3 and 4 use sterling silver. Number 1 and 3 will allow several beads as well as a single bead to be changed without the use of pliers, literally slipped on/off. I like this idea as different colours can be chosen to compliment an outfit or change a style.
I will be stocking the various ear wires in my shops but these Star Bead designs can be used with any bought hooks. I will share how I make wires in another tutorial series after Christmas.
I hope you like the variations and feel inspired to make some of these earrings as Christmas gifts or for yourself.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment