Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 8 December 2014

Day 5 of Christmas Prep. @ thepapersac




Hi Everyone
my weekend didn't turn out as expected ! - as usual the original plans were taken over by events ! (mainly kids ) However, we had a lovely time preparing for Christmas. Having ordered Christmas online (almost) I do feel slightly better. Part of my plans had been to continue with Christmas preparations - time for posting disappeared ! So, it's 'Day 5' today.

Day 5 is all about some Christmas Tree decorations. I've created these snowflake decorations from polymer clay. The clay is translucent and painted with silver and gold.



The clay was put through my pasta machine on number 4 - I did think it may curl during curing. I pressed the shape onto a tile and cut out a snowflake shape using a metal shape cutter. I made 6 snowflakes and painted 3 in gold and 3 in silver Inka paint. I love this stuff, it's a bit like shoe polish and I used my finger to polish into the surface of the snowflake. I also made some little holes for hanging.






My Christmas tree isn't up yet but when I've got it up I will add the decorations and take some more photos to share. The translucent clay gives the snowflakes a lovely characteristic, almost a 'glass-like'. These are very quick makes and would be great in large numbers. Polymer clay is very reasonable to buy, so you could make lots - quite cheaply. The 6 snowflakes took approximately 15gms of clay.

Hope you feel inspired to make your own polymer clay decorations.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment