Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 February 2015

Polymer Tags




Hi Everyone
My mini project this week is a polymer gift tag. I've made these tags a few times and they add a lovely touch to a gift or used as a label tag. I'm hoping to use the idea to make label tags for a planned jewellery workshop. I'm not sure exactly what I want the tag to say but I think it could be the title of the workshop project ? I will play around with a few words and decide on the size of the tag I need.
I have some metal letter stamps which I use for the job and the size of the letters combined with the length of the words will dictate the size of my tag. I find short words work well - the tags can get much too big with longer words and phrases.



I came across this particular version of the polymer tag on Pinterest and it comes with a great tutorial. I've added it to my Tutorial Board on Pinterest. The lettering stamps are smaller which allows for more flexibility in the tutorial. However, I'm stuck with what I've got so I will work with it.

Here is a link to tutorial Check out details


I want to make some round versions in a range of colours - I've added a few words to the round shape above to illustrate my idea. The words I've included are probably too many and my thinking will be to add a paper version as above and find a great word for the polymer tag - something inspirational. The heart shaped tag would come in handy if you need to send a Valentine gift - maybe I need one myself !!

Have a great weekend, thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment