Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Making Mini Stencils

Hi Everyone
Today, it's Technique and Tools Day. I'm making small stencils from cutting dies. You may remember last week, I created some paper moth tags and some clay months from the same cutting die. I'm using the moth die as well as an interesting butterfly shaped die for today's project. I want to use the stencils for developing a range of tags. The stencils will also make background papers for the tags (which will be packaging for earrings) and embellishment for range of small paper carrier bags. 
I've produced the stencil shapes and will die cut the tags. One of the stencil cutouts for my job has been used to decorate a little notebook that I use for planning my daily work tasks. Here is a quick look at the pretty shape.

                                     

Here are the two main shapes for the stencil work.
                                                                      

I'm going to test out some different paints and colour medium to decide on the best way to get my stencil shapes. Different surface will need a different medium but I'm keen to experiment. This is the first test, I've used a simple stamp pad for this first sample.
                                                                   

My batch of experiments will be shared in detail next time.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment