Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 May 2015

Imitation Game Stripes

Hi Everyone
I'm sharing one of my latest bracelets from the beads that I made last week. These beads form part of my Stripes Collection. My initial plan was three bracelets using silver clasps ....... but things have changed and  I think the beads maybe too large for a clasp bracelet. My first bracelet is using the smaller tube beads with small flat discs. These size beads work well - any larger and they don't work around a wrist. I think adding the spacer flat beads is a good move. They give the bracelet a linked structure and contrast well with the tube beads.
                                         
                                             
                                       

I haven't dismissed the clasp style (for a bracelet)  but I need to experiment. In the meantime, I've come up with an idea for a necklace. The necklace will incorporate my silver clasps.


                                      

I like the necklace and its a good length for me. The clasp is probably not necessary as I can get it over my head (just) however, the weight of the silver clasp adds to the design and makes the necklace 'sit' nicely.

I have another idea for a shorter necklace and will use the elastic threading this time. I'm hoping to complete this third item today and develop a few more beads in some other colours. I'm quite keen to integrate some of the other Stripe beads into a similar range of items which will all become part of a Stripe Collection. I want to produce some special packaging and display too but ........ this will have to wait.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment