Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 9 October 2015

From Scratch

Hi Everyone
Today's the From Scratch offer is a beading kit. This kit is called a Starburst Pendent and featured in a recent workshop - read back on Tuesday's for more on this one. I've created a few different colours in the kit with an option of two different chains. The chain could be Sterling Silver or Antique Bronze. The kits will be in the shops in a few weeks.

                                  

At the moment, I'm developing some packaging which will turn this pretty, simple kit into a lovely gift. I've come up with a few ideas - a hand printed cotton bag or a little wooden box. The box is favourite at the moment but I will make several of each before deciding on the final packaging.
Here is a quick look at my printed fabric approach - this is just a scrap from initial experiments :

                                     

I will play around with lots of ideas before deciding on the final design. I like the idea of big bows - not sure how or why ? but for some reason the idea won't go away ! Somewhere there will be lettering or handwriting. 
The other approach is a little wooden box. It's not really either/ or in any of my packaging lines. Each item I produce is an individual, unique piece - the same can apply to packaging too.

                                 

I'm hoping to offer the packaging in little kits too - watch this space for more details.

Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment