Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Hi Everyone
I'm featuring another recipe from the mug cake book today. The recipe I've chosen is Strawberries and Cream Victoria Sponge. Sounds very inviting !
The extra information about cooking times and the fact that the cake should not sink will hopefully help to make the cake correctly. I'm yet to make the cake so fingers crossed - will give an update when I've made it. 
The usual ingredients of a Victoria sponge are used but using spoon measures rather than weighing ingredients. Start with 2 tbsp butter and melt in microwave. Mix a medium size egg, 2 tbsp milk and 1 tsp of vanilla essence - add to melted butter. Add 3 tbsp sugar and 4 tbsp self raising flour with pinch of salt and beat well. I will mix this mixture in a bowl and then transfer to my mug for cooking. I need to cook for 1 min 25 secs for my 700 microwave but if you remember, from last time, my cake didn't cook properly. So, I'm going to watch if the cake sinks, if it does, I will cook for longer. All sounds very easy !!!

The baked, cooled cake needs a good spoonful of jam on top and a dollop of whipped double cream, topped with a strawberry. I'm looking forward to this cake being wonderful !  Let's see what the boys make of it ? In the meantime here is a peak  of how it should look. Wish me luck.


                                  

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment