Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Recipe Wednesday

Hi Everyone
Today's recipe is called Gingered Butternut Squash with Cheese Toasts, I added a jacket potato with smoked salmon.

                                 

The whole meal tasted good and the additional potato made the meal more substantial. The original recipe did seem a bit 'light' ie without the potato. I think the dish is more like a side dish rather than a main meal. I did think the squash felt like a side vegetable. I added mushroom and sweet red pepper to the dish and without this, although tasty, would be a disappointment. The sauce/stock was a bit thin, again very tasty but not really my kind of sauce.

I'm not ruling out ever trying the dish again but I think I would serve as a light lunch with the cheese toasts. If you want to try is out, simply cube a Butternut  Squash, fry in olive oil with chopped garlic, root ginger, red onion (I added more vegetables too - mushrooms and red pepper). Add 300ml vegetable stock and simmer for 15mins. Prepare some cheese toasts and serve. Add chopped parsley to serve.
The meal was given a collective 8/20 and therefore will not qualify to go in the book. This is the first time we have rejected a meal ! It was worth a try but not as a main meal.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment