Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 8 December 2017

Fibre Friday - 8/12/17

Hi Everyone
This weeks fibre round up is very much like the last few weeks. I’ve been dividing my fibre time between a few projects. I shared the Toft Advent Project earlier this week (read back Monday for more on this). The Toft project is a mystery crochet, little bits of the final item is made each day with yarn from the windows in the box. It’s very exciting and I look forward to setting aside 15/20mins each day for the task.
I’ve also been continuing with a few ongoing knitting projects. The Garland sweater moves on, very slowly. There are in excess of 300 stitches on the needles and I try and complete 2/3 rows each evening. I’m enjoying the knit, the colours are lovely and the stocking stitch is very simple, great for TV knitting. It’s going to be a few weeks yet !
My next project is a Bousta Beanie. This is the second Bousta which has been waiting patiently in my bag for some time. It’s quite a quick knit so I’m  hopeful I can get is finished this next week. Unfortunately, I’ve run out of the base colour so need to get a new ball today. 
My last knit project is the lovely Christmas socks (I shared these last week). I had actually finished the socks and unbelievably, they are too big for me ! I know what I’ve done, so it’s not a big deal. My husband took the opportunity to suggest he should have them, so that brilliant. I’ll wrap them up for Christmas. The issue came from using the wrong ‘foot shape’ a cardboard template I use for sizing. I simply used the wrong template. I need to add names, clearly. However, no problem, I’ve started another pair for me. This time I’m going for a toe up sock with an Afterthought heel.

                        
                             

That’s about is for fibre stuff. No spinning at all, sadly. However, I’m hopeful next week will include some spinning. I’m planning on spending some more time next week on fibre related stuff, I’ll report as I go.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment