Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 1 December 2017

Fibre Friday

Hi Everyone
I’ve not had too much time this week for knitting or spinning, I usually do most of my knitting in the evenings and I’ve had lots of extra projects going on instead. However, I do have some progress to share.

                        

I’ve spent most time, this week, knitting the Christmas socks, they are finished other than sewing in the ends/soaking. I’ve got lots of yarn left and am thinking a pair of gloves would be good ? The sock pattern is my own version of a sock. It started out as an Afterthought Everything Sock, read back last Friday for the idea behind this sock. I didn’t follow the whole idea exactly but mainly it’s faithful to an Afterthought Sock. I developed a tube, added a contrast toe, 2x2 rib cuff and a Wedge heel. It’s a very simple construction which I think suits the yarn well. I love the yarn, the colours are lovely and the pattern is very festive. Generally, I’m pleased with the socks. My usual issue with a tightly knitted bind off on the cuff is there again, it’s a bit disappointing  because I did try a Lace Bind Off technique to try and eliminate a tight band on the cuff. I may try another bind off for a looser fit.

I’m also working away with the Garland Sweater, it’s a big knit ! I’m working on the body at the moment, a simple but very wide stocking stitch section. I’m enjoying this knit, although it does take forever to knit one round ! I tend to knit a couple of rows each evening alongside another project, so progress ‘happens’ on a regular basis. Again, read back last week for more on the Garland Sweater.

My next knit is a second Bousta Beanie. I started this back in September, immediately after finishing my own Beanie. This new hat is for my husband, he has quite a large head so I needed to do something with the size. I’ve simply gone up a needle and all seems well. I’ve not done too much on the Beanie but again, I have a plan for few rounds each evening. The Bousta Beanie is quite a small project so I’m hoping a week or so should have it completed, hopefully for Christmas. 

My last fibre feature is the November Travellers Club (a monthly fibre club) from HilltopCloud . This fibre is 25% Bamboo/75% Merino. It’s a lovely blue/green colour, I love it. I’m not sure what I’m going to make ? I’m thinking a cowl would be nice. The fibres are amazingly soft with wonderful shades of dark blue. I’m looking forward to the spin. I’ll share the yarn when it appears.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment