Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Saturday 18 December 2010

Mini Project


Hi again
this is becoming the habit I was aiming for ....

However, a last min. change to the project - will do the art thing tomorrow.

Todays idea is using last years cards that did'nt get used. This is a bit of a theme with all my work - I do like to re-cycle stuff. The original card was bought in a box of 20 from Tesco (very cheap and not very nice cards )but I needed to write some cards last min. in the car before going to a party (very near to Christmas so there was'nt much left, so .... say no more !
Anyway, looking this year at my card stock and calculating how long I had to get the job done as well as not liking to chuck anything ever ! I came up with the idea I would do a re-cycle job. This is what I did, simply die cut all or part of image on the original and stuck it on a piece of very nice crisp white card (cut and folded to compliment my picture size) and added a greeting. The greeting on my card was helpfully printed on the inside of the original but it would have been easy to produce an appropriate one from the computer. I stamped a statement message, cut out and stuck at an angle. I also managed to use the original envelope. Doing the mini project gave me quite a good feeling and yesterday I wrote the cards - I only have one picture of the batch (there were 4 designs)as they have gone to post. I will definetely do it again. I'm going to re-cycle some cards that have been sent to me this year.
Hope you like the idea, its not new but the simplicity and the quality (post recycle)is fantastic - its a great way to improve on very cheap cards - if they have a good design.
Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment