Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Kits - 'under development'




Hi everyone
What a different day today - a dull and very grey day, so far !! I'm a bit disappointed - I thought we may get another lovely day. I'm not totally convinced the sun has gone. I'm hoping the sky will clear in an hour !

Today, I'm back to my work list. I've been prepping for some Christmas stuff. Ive got some card kits going on and Ive developed a range of images for printing. Will share them here tomorrow.

My main job today is a collection of jewellery and jewellery kits using simple small beads and some of my own polymer creations. I hope to have a bracelet, necklace, earrings and possibly a ring per collection. I'm starting with a blue colour range. My idea will follow a written/picture plan for each collection and will be based on an actual outfit. To start with, I will use my outfits but I hope to get volunteers later. The central concept is to develop simple, inexpensive jewellery pieces which can be made by most people. Each collection will be available in kit form as well as finished pieces. The skills required to make the pieces, hopefully, will develop and extend as I go. I think the main thing is 'attention to detail'. This means making sure colours work together, fastenings are neat and secure and that the piece is wearable as well as durable.

Beads are widely available and so varied that imagination is the only limit. However, I often find that simple and rather plain beads make the best everyday jewellery. If there is too much going on, for me, jewellery doesn't get worn. My reason for basing a collection on an outfit will help guide me against this. I hope to compliment the outfit as well as enjoy wearing the jewellery. I wear jewellery almost every day and love choosing which pieces to wear. I like to see my own collection as a whole so storage too is quite important to me. My current store and display is OK but I'm going to explore additional ideas which will be included in my work. Eventually, all this will find its way into a publication. I'm quite excited and can't wait to get going.

Just to get an idea of the sort of thing I'm talking about. Here is a little peak at part of the first range which Ive developed.



Ive worn this bracelet for a few weeks now and it works really well. It looks very simple and it is but it illustrates my point well. I love it and am pleased that I'm able to find so many outfits which seem to work with it too.

That's it for today.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment