Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 December 2012

Christmas Links




Hi Everyone
Cold again with lots of 'sheet ice' visible.
The kind of day to stay in and paint . However, lots to do. I'm doing volunteer work at school (most of the morning) and need to be a taxi for my kids after school. So much for painting !! I may have an hour or so mid afternoon for some house decoration or painting !

I worked hard yesterday with my very last Christmas order. Here are a few photos of some of the batch.















They are packaged and about to go. I do have a few left for my own use - unless someone else persuades me to part with them.

On another different subject - a new announcement. I thought (on Fridays) I would share my current reading book. I love to read every night and although I'm usually tired, I manage a few pages. I read lots of different books. Some books are very 'lightweight' novels but I do read all sorts of stuff. My current book is 'Death at Wentwater Court'. It's set in a 1920s country-house and calls itself a 'mystery'. I'm really enjoying the plot and the very unlikely Daisy (main character). I'm almost at the end and I've no idea 'who did it' ! Anyway, I thought a quick book review on Fridays would be a good little chatting focus for the blog. I'm often inspired by things I pick up while reading.



I always use a very old bookmark. I made this bookmark years ago (when my first child was born - he's 13 going on 47) and it's amazingly stood up to much abuse. It's made from some scrap leftovers and very light card. I thought I would treat myself to a new one and am going to use one of my Christmas Angels from this years collection.



I will enjoy making the new bookmark - I may start making a few more - inspired by the books I read. My current book is set in a 'snow' plot so Christmas is a kind of connection although its not been specifically mentioned. The cover looks a bit Christmassy - don't you think ?

Moving on, I've collected myself an old tin from last nights meal. Here it is.


I'm on my way to transforming it into one of these. I've just cleaned it and removed the label but - its a start. !!!!



I love the crochet bit on the top. I will, of course, make a new face of my own.

Well another week gone !! Have a great weekend.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment