Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 22 April 2013

Talking Aprons




Hi Everyone
It's a bright and sunny day, quite 'breezy' but OK.

Hope you all had a great weekend. We did, even got into the garden for a re development of my strawberry patch !

It's also Monday again ! Life is moving too quick for me ! I'm so tired today. I've been suffering with shingles for a while and it's taking its toll. I'm trying to catchup from last weeks work this week and am not taking on any new stuff. I didn't manage to finish my Friday's packaging things - so that's my first task today. Look back to Friday for details. It's real life work so no getting out of it !!! I need to produce the packaging (urgently) to get my new jewellery out to customers.

However, I still have an inspiration going on. This week it's going to be a painter called Cassandra Barney. Here is her self portrait.



I love her style and her symbolism. In real life she has a great blonde, short hair cut and is very pretty with lovely printed skirts and little cardigans. My sort of style completely. I like her sense of humour but most of all, I am truly inspired by her painting style. She does some great YouTude videos giving a glimpse of her world,take a look. I think the self portrait has great eyes and a 'dreamy' feel. The mouth (for me) reflects her 'presentation'. Its precise but slightly large (in the self portrait) and the shape is playful and sophisticated. The tone and shades of the mouth give shape and depth to the whole face. I am going to incorporate such a mouth in my next doll (I can try anyway !!!)
Cassandra also deals with 'aprons' both wearing aprons herself and using them in her work (if you're interested look at the You tube video). I love aprons and am inspired to get some going for myself. I love the idea of wearing very frilly, 'over the top' aprons for painting. My current painting apron is a plain black apron with my name on it. This was created by one of my close friends - not for painting, its more of a cafe style. It's got lots of paint on it and its great but I like the idea of more and varied aprons which I can wear to create an extra dimension to my 'state of mind' at any one time. I believe in this 'state of mind' stuff and can almost transport myself if Im in the right costume ! So, I'm into thinking what to do next about the apron. Watch this space.

That's it for today.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment