Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 18 April 2013

Making rings


Hi Everyone
Much brighter today and almost warmer (I think ?). Unfortunately, it's very lightly raining. Just short bursts at the moment. Fingers crossed that the sky will clear.
Thursday blogs are all about 'technique'. My technique of the moment is to develop my skills in using and applying polymer clay. I want to add some elements to my monthly painting for April. I've got some ideas about how to go about it but not sure of the items I want to produce. The dolls I mentioned yesterday will also use clay - I have several clay products and am hoping to understand which to use by experimenting. My experiments will aim at producing jewellery - mainly so I can wear it and make use of the end items. I would like to make 3 rings and have done lots of research via Pinterest as well as some project books. My 'ring' page on Pinterest is full of fabulous rings. Take a look. My inspiration for the ring 1 is the two examples in the photos here.








I also particularly like this paper ring and will try and do something similar for ring 2




I'm hoping to produce clay canes to develop the ring 3 - mentioned on Tuesdays blog




and will use slices of the cane on my painting for April.
I will take lots of pictures of production stages and give an update each Thursday until Ive got my basic 3 rings. I aim to review the clays used and give any tips based on my experience. I will also write notes as I go re the aspects of the photos which I take as ideas which will illustrate my design process. I want to develop an approach so that my designs 'work' as a wearable piece of jewellery. Ive made many jewellery items in the past which look great but are not practical or comfortable when worn, usually its to do with weight and breakages.
There will be some clay left so will experiment further as I go - who knows what will come out ? This is an ambitious project but Im optimistic I can make something which is 'wearable'.
Must get on with it.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment