Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 November 2017

La Pâtisserie

Hi Everyone
I’m planning a new project today- I’m calling it ‘La Patisserie’. A pâtisserie (pronounced [pɑtisʁi]) is a type of French or Belgian bakery that specializes in pastries and sweets. My idea, at this point, is to create a fictional shop which links into the world of one of my Art dolls (Miss Mitchell). The shop will be a Patisserie. The point behind La Patisserie is to provide a story around making some pretty little polymer clay cakes and pastries. The cakes and pastries will develop into charms, earrings, stitch markers/progress keepers and key rings and possibly more ?
I’d like to develop a shopfront made from paper with various little bags and other branded items for my shop. Miss Mitchell will ‘front up’ the shop, so lots of opportunities to dress a new Art doll for the job.
My starting point and inspiration is a project from way back, originally developed for a school fundraising activity. Here’s a few images of that inspiration :

                          
                          

I have plans for different types of pastries and cakes and will develop a range of ideas today. I’m hoping to write my little background story of La Patisserie as I develop the ideas for the polymer clay charms. Hopefully, I’ll have something to share for next week. I’m spending a couple of months on this project, so will keep my updates coming in the Wednesday blog spot.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment