Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Lunch and Cows




Hi Everyone
Bit late today - weather is up and down, at the moment the sky is clear and blue. Much warmer than lately but very windy, so it feels colder.

Today, it's Richards birthday and we have celebrated by having a lovely lunch at a place called Vallum Farm. It was very nice - wonderful food and great atmosphere, relaxed but special. The whole place is very nicely presented. Underneath the restaurant there is a deli, full of lovely stuff. - cheese and marvellous cakes etc.
We had planned to visit a gallery too, linked to Vallum - the owners are related. In the end, the gallery was closed but I thought I would share a piece of work which introduced us to the work of the artist. Here it is. We will go another time. The artist is called Sue Moffitt. I love this picture, especially when it's huge. This is just a card size copy.



had a lovely time. Earlier we had a 5k run and Im feeling slightly tired but very relaxed. Pity there's dinned to cook and scout to deliver. Mustn't grumble, it's not even my birthday !

As I mentioned yesterday, the end of Jan. is looming. My Jan painting is almost there. I've decided to add some extra 'distress' lines and a bit more light in the centre. I will do that and leave for a while. On Feb 1st. a new piece will start. This is to make sure I'm not rushing the painting, simply to fit a deadline. I think the Jan painting is beginning to 'speak to me' - that's what Im after, in terms of my own development. I will show the painting to date, tomorrow ie the last day of the month.

Before I go, I'm just showing the card and cake for Richards birthday. It turned out OK. I'll be talking a bit more about the die cut items I used on Friday.


Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment