Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 28 January 2013

Zentangle and 'plaster art'.




Hi Everyone
Today, the snow is definitely going and I think it's about to rain ! There is a strange sunlight and it feels cold. This is my weather shot.



I'm feeling my usual stressed Mon. with a huge list developing ! We have a birthday on Wed and I still need to wrap things that Ive had for a week or two. Can't think why Im always late to wrap ? However, will make it top of the list as my first job.

On more interesting matters, Ive yet another new book. It's this book. It's been on order a few weeks and its great. I love the idea and process and am hoping it will add to my regular creative development. For those who do not know about Zentangle. It's essentially a process of creating little 'art tiles' - this is my description rather than the one in the book.



The book gives a list of things which should be done in order to achieve each tile and as you can see from the cover, the book is a 6 week course in development the skills for Zentangle.



The list details the eleven steps and the book provides mini lessons. Here is my first lesson sketch.



It's wonderful and it's about concentrating and relaxing and using specific rather luxurious pens and paper. Just my sort of thing. At the moment, I'm having to adapt my current pens and paper but I've just ordered the suggested stuff and am into why these specific materials/tools are necessary. I will follow the lessons and then, I can let go and do my own thing with Zentangles. Am quite excited about the possibilities ! Watch this space.
My other new thing is the plaster thing. Here is a reminder of the artists work Stephanie Lee.


The book has also arrived. I've ordered materials and again, I'm so looking forward to trying these things out. It's all about learning and developing my own work. Generally, I'm so motivated by acquiring these new skills.
Back to the here and now, I'm still working on my Jan painting. Time running out ! I'm determined not to be stressed about this. But, I also want to be disciplined - so again, lets see how I cope !

Must go, I need to bake a birthday cake.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment