Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 4 December 2017

More Robins

Hi Everyone
I’ve another Robin project today. It’s actually one of the projects featured last Tuesday but I’ve not actually put all the bits together yet ! I’m still heavily into reorganising my studio (will take all week) and the Robin project will be a bit of a break later. This felt project is a quick make (in theory). I’ve made a pattern of the Robin shape and have found a couple of feathers. I’ve got brown and red feathers and I’m not sure which to go for yet ? I’ll wait and see what works best, once the Robin has been developed. If these Robins turn out well, I am hopeful at this stage,  I’ll make a few more.

                       

I think, I could also change the size up and down to create quite a good display. The feathers are large, so a I think I can go for something twice the size of my sample template (in photo). This project comes from a Kirstie Allsopp book called ‘Craft’. I’ve had this book for quite a few years and each Christmas I think about making the Robin, this is the year ! I need to find some Brown felt fabric and a little stuffing and I’m ready to go. Hopefully, I’ll have something to share in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment