Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 6 December 2017

The BIG Job

Hi Everyone
If you called in last Thursday, you will know I started a reorganisation of my studio. Last week, I gave myself two days to complete the job. What was I thinking ? The job is massive ! I used the initial planned two days well, however, there is so much more to go. At the end of Friday, I had lost the plot and was regretting starting. Over a cup of coffee, I decided to identify a daily objective to continue the reorganisation, which is helping me to get the job done. I don’t have a timescale, it’s one day and one objective at a time. Although, this approach is ‘slow going’, I’m finding, it does help to review as I go. I have, on a couple of occasions, changed my ideas about how to store various items. 

              

Currently, I have lots of crates - filled with ? (who knows, I’ve certainly forgotten). I have thrown lots of rubbish but there is so much to go. I’m trying to be disciplined and each item needs to ‘earn’ their space. 
Today, I’ve got lots of writing to do, Wednesdays are designated for writing. However, I will keep on track with the Big Job. My objective is to bag up lots of paper and old journals as well as organise a shelf for my teaching tools. I have the shelf identified so it should be straightforward. I think, I need some new boxes but at this stage, I’m not sure exactly the size I need. I will wait until I know what I’ve got left before making any purchases. I know the studio will be organised one day soon and it will be amazing.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment