Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 December 2017

Silver Earring Report

Hi Everyone
I’m sharing the results of last weeks Silver Day (check it out here). My initial plan for  Silver Day (last week) changed a little, after trying out the planned design. My initial idea was to develop organic, linked rings with a large shaped ear hook. My prototype component is Ok but I wasn’t hugely impressed with the results. I like the shape and the concept but not the large hook idea with the organic rings. I’m not sure which hook or post I need, more experiments are scheduled. However, I love the other earrings. The main components are shaped from Art Silver Clay and after firing I created Sterling Silver hooks which are soldered to the fired clay.

                   

I’ve chosen the Silver Pebble earrings for myself. Normally, all the prototypes go elsewhere (as gifts/sales) and I don’t get to keep the ones I particularly like, however, this time I’ve kept my favourite (bottom image in my photo). I’ve worn them everyday since making and love them. I already have many more ideas in my head and will make some sketches today for a new batch.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment