Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 December 2017

Silver Day

Hi Everyone 
It’s Silver Day today and I have a new design. My idea is to produce a protype for production so I’m concentrating on efficiency. I want a simple, rounded hook which can be fused to a number of variations of the design. The earring design will be two linked rings. I want to connect the component to the hook by soldering but the rings will simply link before fusing together. The variations will come from using different size and shaped Sterling Silver wire. The wire I’m using today will be 1x1mm, square wire. I’m not sure about the size yet. I think today, I’d like to make 2 of 3 sizes to see which works best.

                   
As usual, my design process involves making a quick sketch from an idea which has been ‘brewing’ in my head for a while. I was inspired by noticing the outline shape of lots of paper clips for this design. I liked the long, thin shape of a standard paper clip, many of which (in my box) had randomly linked together.  I immediately thought of earrings which could allow an element of movement for the component. The wire will begin by being roundish but I do want to mimic the standard paper clip shape for this design. Fingers crossed, I can produce something interesting with my idea.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment