Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Holiday Snippets




Hi Everyone
Just a quick call today - it's half term (school hols) and I usually take a work break myself. The weather is lovely outside but very, very cold ! Bright sunshine and clear blue sky's.

Some great news this week - I was so excited to see my Valentine Art Card in this weeks Gathering Magazine by Mollie Makes. It's going to be displayed on my wall today but it does give a thrill to see my stuff in magazines.

Om other news, I'm struggling to finish my bracelet - ie the paper bracelet I started last last week. I've done the individual beads and sealed them with
Diamond Glaze. My next step is to put them together and decide on the stringing material ? Here is a quick look.




I started using a toothpick to roll the beads and then moved onto a small quilling tool (the green handled item in the photo). However, the rolling action of the paper was not perfect as the quilling tool gap was too small, so Richard made a new one with a darning needle and a bit of wooden dowel. The wooden handle is crying out for decoration so I will paint it. I love home made tools, thank you R x


There are 20 beads in all - I'm hoping this is enough to get the correct bracelet length. I will do a tutorial when Im finished the bracelet to share my project.

Must go.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment