Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Mini bags and making dolls and crochet buttons !


Hi Everyone
It's about 6.30pm (UK time) and Im not late ! - it's a deliberate act to write my blog at this time. It's a bit of an new experiment for a few weeks. I've decided it could be more useful to share things which I have done in a given day rather than my plan 'to do' - often not 'done' !!! We will see how it goes.
The exception will be 'Die Cut Friday'. Readers have told me they enjoy this slot and like to see the morning project to try out on Fridays, so I will keep that session as before.
Today, Ive spent lots of time making special gift tags for a large order. I'm 'up cycling' stuff to cut down costs as the order is for a charity event. I've designed a mini folded card with an insert mini bag of lavender and bath grains with a simple die cut flower on the front. The tags need some raffia ties and take lots of time to create. With more time to consider the job, I think I could have been more efficient with the design but eventually I just went with an early version (always fatal !) I will share the project as this weeks 'Die Cut Friday'. It would be useful as a Mothers Day extra.
I've also seen this great crochet item. I'm missing doing my crochet stuff and need to get back on track. I thought these buttons would be a fresh start. The project is Here it's from Crescendoh (one of my favourite places to go, almost every day.




I would like to use these buttons in one of my future paintings.
I've also seen a great book. Yet another obsession of mine is to make the dolls from my paintings. I think this book would help.




That's about it for now.
Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment