Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 14 February 2013

Making Valentine Tags (quickly)




Hi Everyone
It's a lovely sunny day and lots warmer than the 'winter day' we experienced yesterday.

Happy Valentine to all - I have a 'quick make wrapping idea' from my own valentine wrapping task to share. I had wanted to make a stamp and decorate some plain wrapping paper to create a unique hand printed wrap. However, as per usual my production time ran out and I needed a Plan B. This is what I did in pictures.
I needed a tag as well as the wrap paper. I also needed an envelope for my card. You may remember me making the Art Card last week, here it is (now received and on display.)



I started making a tag with a die cut - this one is Sizzix Tipsy Hearts thick cut (3 sizes of the same shaped heart). I cut these hearts from cream coloured mount board. I especially like the thickness of the die cut.


I also cut 3 Tipsy Hearts using the wrap paper (at the same time). If I want to cover the mount board with a patterned paper, I always cut the papers at the same time for precision.



The large heart was covered with the wrap and I placed a smaller heart on top, giving a layered look. The Art Card was wrapped in the same wrap patterned tissue. I folded the tissue to mimic an actual envelope ( ie the folds look like a standard card envelope). One of the hearts found its way on the front of the mock enveloped as a label and another made a seal for the back of the tissue envelope (glued down).








I edged the hearts to define them (I do lots of this inking on most of my projects) in a ginger coloured chalky ink.


I also wrapped a book (my valentine gift) and finished it off with some green raffia. I punched a hole in the heart and tied onto the raffia to form my tag.








Generally, I was quite pleased with the outcome and so was my Valentine ! I will complete my original plan A to share tomorrow as this weeks Die Cut Friday.

I spent a little time yesterday (hence running out of time for the valentine wrap project) watching a YouTube paper bead video. I've made paper beads lots of times with some success but.... I'm never that taken with the end jewellery produced. However, this particular video shows how to decorate paper beads to form a striped paper bead. I think they look great and am going to give it a go. If you have time take a look at YouTube and search for paper beads by 'Beyond Bracelets'. This is not a brilliant photo (its a screen shot from the video) but it gives the idea. I will use different colours when I give it a go but the idea looks great.




Must go, by for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment