Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Be SMART !




Hi everyone
The sky looks a bit 'troubled' - lots of round grey clouds in amongst much lighter ones. When I look up I am reminded of very large cotton wool balls, some full of grey paint. I can also see lots of bright blue behind the balls and sunshine breaking through. It could go either way !! I'm feeling positive so 'all will be well'.

My mini project this week is the little ORDER Project book. The book, physically, is still just a pile of ATCs with lots of little 'thought/feelings' notes and an outline of what should go into the final version.However, it's much more (in my head). The book represents my whole unfolding 'blueprint'. There is lots of work to be done in order to make sense of the 'book to be' but I like the process and will definitely use the development of the book for ideas in the future. I'm constantly trying new ways of recording the project activity and thoughts/feelings about the process.






The photos show the notes Ive talked about and I think the key thing (coming out of my thoughts/feelings notes) at the moment is something Im calling 'visualisation'. I have these little images in my head from time to time which place me actually doing activities in the actual spaces Im creating. All is perfect for creating (tools, materials and atmosphere) and the sun is shining in my visualisation. These thoughts are motivating and tweak the plans so have a huge influence on the job as a whole. I'm listening to my subconscious and I believe it's a way of growing self confidence in decision making - almost 'trusting' my instinct.

Down to practical things - my tasks today - Ive decided two specific jobs is good. This seems achievable for me in the time I have and somehow lots of pressure is off when I can complete my tasks for the day. The tasks need to be SMART ie specific, measurable, achievable,realistic,time-bound. This SMART stuff is a throwback from my corporate days in another life but it does seem to be relevant for me here. I will analyse today's stuff and report on how it relates to the ORDER for the book, I can then share my findings. With that I must get on.

Bye for today

No comments:

Post a Comment