Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 24 June 2013

'Micro' Techniques ?




Hi everyone
Is a dull day today - feels a bit like rain and sadly, it's quite cool - not 'cold' as such but disappointing. Perhaps, the sun may breakthrough later ?

My weekend, as usual, was much too short and Im not sure what we did ? Never mind, lots to look forward to this week. The ORDER, is ongoing - as ever ! I'm hoping the studio will be ready to decorate next week. I've got lots of boxes going on but mostly each box is organised (I know what in it - same thing !). My planner is in action and I didn't need to refer to my 'how to plan' the planner list - so, in my world ... I'm there on that one.

Today, my two jobs will be another shelf and my desk. I'm losing my desk and had thought elder son may like it - NO ! He likes his current desk and he is not taking any of my rubbish. So, that's that. It will go into garage storage for now. I think there will be a big change once the desk is not there.

This week is also the start of Wimbledon - as you know, I love watching or listening to tennis. I've got my plans in place to watch while I work. Heaven ! No more to be said on that, Im accepting my work level will drop - fine for me (its only two weeks).

Back to this week - my inspiration is going to be - 'micro techniques' for decorating things eg. little wooden dolls.



I know Ive introduced the decorating of little pencil dolls last week but I need to decorate a couple for my 'soon to be here' charity sale (next Sat) and I need to find stuff in the studio via The ORDER (project) for ideas. So, Im using the opportunity to focus on what Im calling 'micro' techniques - I will include lots of little items/ideas I can find in this idea. I plan to produce a little booklet for myself on the subject - for future reference. I will share this when its done. I've done some development on the decoration of the pencil doll and have struggled with constructing the embellishments eg adding something around the top of a tiny dress. These pencil dolls are very small and Im learning about these micro techniques which I can apply to many of my future projects. The process is giving me lots of ideas already. I have a need to produce a neat, efficient and professional finish to the decoration (both seen and not seen). My Grandmother taught me the importance of 'finish' (ie the inside and outside of made garments being perfect)on all things sewing, it's something ingrained in my approach to creative stuff generally. Thank you Granny. I get great pleasure from this attention to detail. The negative side to that is that I take an age to make anything ! Such as life !

On that note, I need to get going.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment