Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 27 April 2020

Making Chat

Hi Everyone 
It’s been two weeks since my last post and I’ve decided to blog a couple of times each week rather than everyday, for the moment. 

We have been trying to enjoy a sort of holiday at home. Generally, the weather has been good. Lots of sunshine, virtually no rain but a little cold at times. We live in the NE of England, quite close to the coast and often suffer from an easterly wind - this probably explains the colder breeze. Our UK lockdown is still very firmly in place but considering all things, life in our little world is OK, at the moment. We have also celebrated an eighteen birthday - managed an extended family singalong of Happy Birthday via What’s App with my Dad playing the piano. Made lots of gifts and cards etc. The birthday boy also managed an all night party, online ! 

My Making life is proving to be a bit of a challenge. There seems lots more living stuff to do (cooking,washing etc) with our family at home all day. I’m still making stuff but am taking my time and being selective about how I choose my projects. Mostly, I’ve been knitting things. I started a pair of socks, the Heartichoke socks some time ago and am still battling on. This pattern is lovely but much more demanding than my usual sock pattern. It’s not a pattern for knitting (the first time) while watching TV ! I have ripped out a few sections, several times. I’m also knitting the Kate Davies, Land O’Cakes cardigan. Everything is going well on both projects but it’s all quite slow. I have, again, not paid enough attention to the latest section of the cardigan (the colourwork yolk) and currently, need to redo a few rows. All that said, I’m enjoying both projects and look forward to working on them everyday. I tend to knit each evening, so that part of my creative time is protected.

As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been making birthday cards and other such things in paper as well as baking but my sewing has suffered, a little. Over the last two weeks, I’ve completed the Merchant&Mills Factory Dress, almost. Just a tiny bit of handing sewing on the sleeve cuff (5 mins. job) and I’m hoping I can wear my dress tomorrow. Quite excited about that. 

I’ve also started an appliqué machine embroidery project and come to a bit of a halt. I have the front and back of my bag almost done. I’m adding a side pocket, also done but that’s as far as its got ! Today, seems to be the day to put more time into it. We will see how things go ?

Our garden is also getting a bit of attention, I’m regarding the garden as part of my Making life. There is lots of ongoing maintenance required but I’m also looking at possible changes and improvements. The idea is to spend a little time each day on a bite size task with lots of looking and reviewing in between. 

So, not too much to report. I’ve not worked on any jewellery production over the past month and am wondering what to do about that ? I’ll keep thinking but at some point, work with start again. For the moment, I’m concentrating on my knitting and sewing. I do need to find another sewing project soon. I like the idea of a few tops to wear with jeans or shorts, depending on the weather. I’d also like to make another dress.

That’s about all for my catch up, I’ll leave you with a few images of the machine embroidery project. 

              

I’ll be back on Wednesday with an update chat. Thanks for calling in today.
Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment