Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 9 April 2020

Knitting Plan

Hi Everyone 
I have yet another knitting plan to announce today. This is a lovely cardigan from Kate Davies called Land O’Cakes.

              

I’ve swatched a few different options using Jamieson&Smith 2 ply jumper yarn and have come up with something that will work with the pattern. I love Kate Davies designs, I have a number of sweaters developed by Kate and they seem to fit and suit my body shape well. 
The selection of yarn colours (bottom left photo) are a mixture of new yarns (from my local yarn shop, Fine Fettle Fibres) and yarn from my stash. I’ve not decided exactly which colours I’ll use but I’m going for more colours than the ones used by Kate. I have decided the main colour will be the bright green shade FC11MIX. Before finally deciding on the colours, I will knit a few more swatches using various combinations. This will be a slow pace knit and I’d like to give the project time to develop, in the way I want to. I’ll share my progress over the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.
Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment