Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 2 April 2020

More Sewing Talk

Hi Everyone 
I’ve yet another sewing plan to share, today. I think, the photo story for this post sums things up :

                
I’m planning to make another dress from my  Big Clothes and Small Clothes Pattern Book. This time it’s a simple trapeze shape garment with three quarter sleeves. My fabric is a beautiful cotton/viscose called Seaweed Foraging Dark Cadet from Sea Salt. I’m really looking forward to making this one. I’m hoping the Make will be a lightweight, flowing dress - perfect for Summer and also as a layering garment.

I’ve yet to experience making anything from the pattern book. If you called in earlier this week, you will know the pattern book was a recent birthday gift and is written in Japanese, so may present some interesting challenges. I’m not especially worried about the process, for some reason, I feel convinced all will be well ! What could possibly, go wrong ?

To get things moving, I need to wash my fabric today and will aim to develop my pattern over the next few days. I’ll make sure I report back on the process and discuss the pros and cons - good and bad.

Thanks for calling in today.
Keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment