Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 10 April 2020

Knitting Plan (part 2)

Hi Everyone 
Following my blog post from yesterday, I’ve made a few decisions about colours. Read back yesterday for more on the story. In short, I’ve chosen to knit a Kate Davies cardigan called Land O’Cakes as my new knitting project. I love the version Kate has made but something has told me to use more colours. A separate thought has been bobbing around in my head for a long time, the need to knit a pair of mittens from the Shetland Wool Week Annual for 2019 called Shetland Meets Bohus Mittens by Hilly van der Sluis. When I saw the Land O’Cakes cardigan, I immediately thought of the lovely mittens.
            

Initially, I thought I would choose five colours from the mittens pattern and create a similar design as per Kate’s pattern. I always wanted to make the bright green my dominant colour but struggled to narrow down the other colours, the original  mittens patterns uses eight colours. In the end, I’ve decided to include them all. For some reason, leaving out colours would spoil the overall effect. For me, it’s the combinations which make the whole thing special. So, my plan is to try and mimic the lines of the mittens for the yolk. I want to test a few combinations for the edges and will decide over the next few days. 
I’m very excited about this project. It’s giving me a lots of creative options but I’m also very keen to have a cardigan which will, hopefully, be wearable over the warmer months. We will see how things turn out.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a good weekend. It’s an Easter Holiday this weekend in the UK and we are going to try and have a sort of holiday at home ? Not sure how we can celebrate with the current situation but we will try. 
I’m also taking the next two weeks as a holiday, so will be back in two weeks time ie 27/4/20.
Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment