Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Birthday Gift (2)

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing another of my lovely birthday gifts today. This time it’s a book from Laine : 52 Weeks of Socks. It’s a gorgeous book with some interesting socks designs, presented in the usual sophisticated style of Laine. I also have some lovely yarn in my photo story, a recent Mothers Day gifts. I’m going to use this yarn for the first project from my book. What a perfect combination.

      

I love knitting socks, it’s something I do all the time. I always have a pair of socks on the go alongside any other knitting project. I like to try different construction styles and am keen to try out ‘lace’ type design’s. I have lots of hand knitted socks and also do sock knitting for members of my immediate family, sock knitting is important in our house. I especially like to find new heel techniques. This book is full of interesting heels.

So, I’m absolutely delighted with my new book. I could have chosen any project in the book for my first sock but I’ve gone for a pattern called Heartichoke by Josephine & The Seeds. I thought, this design, would work well with my Ginger’s Hand Dyed Sheepish Sock yarn in the Mellon Balls on Fire. These socks will be for me. I’ll probably start the socks later today.

Thanks for calling in today.
Keep safe.





No comments:

Post a Comment