Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 31 May 2019

New Ursa

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started a new sweater knit - it’s another Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak. This time, I’m using  cotton yarn - creative cotton, Aran in a lovely French Navy colour by Rico Design. I’m using the same needles (6.5mm) as my previous Ursa. You can check out my first Ursa here. I’ve chosen to start this 
cotton version because it seems a perfect Summer sweater. I’m hoping, I can use this new sweater as a layering garment when the weather is a little cool. I’ve worn my first Ursa over the last few weeks but it’s probably a bit too warm to wear the wool (regularly) until Summer is over.

                   

I’ve made reasonable progress, I’ve only been knitting the cotton version for a few days or so, alongside several pairs of socks. Knitting with the cotton yarn is not as easy as the wool. The largish needles can also feel a bit cumbersome but I’m loving the resulting knitted fabric. I swatched for the sweater and am reasonably confident the size is right. However, I have history with sizing and this pattern so I’m prepared to have to start again if all doesn’t work out. I’ll concentrate on the Ursa this weekend and hopefully make good progress. I’ve seen several successful versions of the Ursa in yarns other than wool and all have worked out well. However, I’ve not come across any 100% cotton versions, so far. Hopefully, I’ll have something significant to share next week.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment