Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Is this a 'pretty' doll ?




Hi everyone
It's raining this morning - very dull and looks like or will rain forever !! Hope not.

However, it's Wednesday and 'doll day'. A few days ago,I came across some stamps that Ive had in my stuff for quite a few years. They come from Stampotique (Look at their blog here). I have quite a few of their stamps but haven't used them for ages.



I love the style and proportions of all of them but my favourite has to be this one.



I particularly like the long legs, I often use long legs in my own dolls? The whole doll has an almost 'pretty' look with her hair style /ribbon and face shape although the eyes are 'odd' - just little things which contribute to an overall 'freaky' element. Its quite hard to pin down what it is that questions the overall look - its really interesting to analyse. I did wonder what they (Stampotique) were doing now and if another style maybe had taken over. I think not. Looking at their designer blog (it's a section of their website which includes a shop) - the 'grunge like' thing is still going on. Browsing, I came across this stamp



which looks great - Im always looking for male doll ideas and am tempted to buy this one. I especially like the hair style.
I thought I would spend a little of the day sketching a new doll with similar bodies and possibly adapting one of my doll faces to give this 'grunge' look. I need to analyse the doll characteristics in detail to make my version - I will share my findings next Wed.

Quick update - My jewellery task from yesterday is almost done. It didn't work out as planned but Im ready for a 'bake' of the clay.



More beads to make and a new range of clay to mix. I used up all the mixed stuff and seriously under prepared my amounts. Im thinking of combining some metal charms too- hearts or circles or ? to complete the necklaces and bracelets. I need to find the charms so will try and do that today.

Must get on

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment