Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 May 2013

Rings and circles




Hi to everyone out there
Weather is poor today ! There could be rain ! It's a little 'breezy' too. All a bit disappointing. However, back in ' the Studio' it's all go. Well it's almost going. I've done a review and now have a new list to work. I watched some great tennis last night on TV and reviewed in-between. The tennis was so exciting and all the excitement transferred to my review. At least now, I feel a bit better about what to do with my work. Its obviously part of the 'angst' of being and living 'to be' an artist. My self discipline is at fault here and I need a definite routine in order to stay on track. Often, family life takes over and I tend to 'wander' in many directions. All optimistic stuff, so that's good.

On to practical things - my inspiration idea this week is RINGS. Im still working on the packaging stuff (from last Friday). I need 'the design' rather than the style - when I get this I can adapt new art images to whatever style my stuff demands. I've got my annual list of paintings ready for action - all this years stuff have more elements to add. I know my whole artistic offer starts with my paintings so without them there are no products. It's so long since I had stuff to sell because everything sells (special orders) before I have enough to stock in the shops. However, new plans !! I also need to acknowledge how long my/the book takes up. I think it's a bit like preparing foundations for a building - there's nothing to see for ages and then, all of a sudden ....... It's there. All positive stuff. Hurray for 'reviewing' !!!!!

Today, Im definitely moving on with my packaging. I will also make some additions to JUST WALKING - a quirky painting on wood. Look back for details. This is the 'before' photo



I will do an after photo too?

I also want to make some more polymer stuff today - love doing this.

Wednesdays are usually DOLL DAYS. My week is messed up a bit because of the Bank Holiday on Monday but I couldn't miss an opportunity to get a doll in somewhere. My offer is not quite a doll but it will be inspiration for my next doll. It's an apron (for a doll) - another clay thing but it ties in with my apron making plans. I've seen this idea in a few projects but I particularly like this one. I will get into the detail when I reach the allotted time (in my new list).


Im not sure how I can weave my 'ring' inspiration into this post ? other than saying my artistic journey is like a 'circle' (or a ring) - I go round and round in circles but there is no end. I hope my circle is getting bigger every day. On that note - I must get on.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment