Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 25 February 2019

Carbeth Cardigan

Hi Everyone 
I’m updating progress on my latest knit project, the Carbeth Cardigan by Kate Davies. I can’t quite remember when I started this project ? - probably about two weeks ago in knitting time; although I think , I cast on a week or so before. This project replaced an idea for another cardigan read about it here . Generally, this (new knit) has been a quick knit. I’m using a chunky roving yarn (from West Yorkshire Spinners) called RE:TREAT.


                     

Ive really enjoyed how the yolk part of the cardigan comes together and can’t wait to wear my cardigan. I love how the decreases on the yolk shape the top of the cardigan. It’s a very neat and attractive technique. I was doing amazingly well yesterday when I noticed a bit of an anomaly. The right side button band is slightly longer, than the left. It’s not a big difference but I’m not happy with it, so I’ll redo the bands. Unfortunately, this means I need to undo the neck band too !

In addition, I will need some buttons for my cardigan. I hadn’t considered the buttons but I think, I’d like to make some from polymer clay. I have an idea of using a flower shape mould. I will try and make some time later today for a few experiments.

There’s the re do of the bands, the neckband and an icord button hole to tackle next. I will also need to close up the underarm gaps and sew in the yarn ends. I’m quite optimistic, I will be able to wear my cardigan by the end of the week.
I’ll share the finished item when it’s ready.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment