Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 5 February 2018

Embroidered Pendant- resumed.

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the first completed Embroidered Pendant today. It’s a very basic version using only coloured thread. Read back last week for more on this. The issue of the reverse side of the embroidered pendant was my last issue to resolve alongside which style of necklace to use. Finally, I decided to use a piece of commercially produced Felt to finish the back of the embroidery and hide all the stitch knots. I tried making a felted piece of fabric and it turned out a little bulky. I also tried handmade paper which would have been suitable but the specific colour was not available to me. I decided the commercially produced Felt was just right for the job. The colour is good and the fabric is quite thin, so encloses the threads well.


              

My final issue was all about the necklace. I had developed a number of coloured braids and did have a metal chain option. However, after much chopping and changing, I think the flat, suede necklace cord seems to work well for this particular version of the pendant. I’ve used a barrel end component with a lobster clasp for the closure. I’m quite pleased with the whole design and I think it works well.

Today, I’m developing another version of the pendant using the same shaped blank. This time, I will colour the blank (great idea from one of my creative friends - thank you). I will also add some beads to the pendant. I’m not sure about the necklace - I may try a leather version ? 
I’ll share my results tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment