Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 23 February 2018

Fibre Friday - update 23/2/18

Hi Everyone 
This weeks update is a bit limited ! I’ve have been working away but have had lots of ‘WORK work’ going on and my knitting time has been limited. However, I’m quite pleased with the progress I have made. Most of my knitting has been spent on the Coinneach cardigan by Kate Davies. 

                       

Looking at the photo, the piece of fabric on the left hand side of the Coinneach story looks very ‘thin’ to be the body - but it’s complete as far as the pattern goes. Go back to last Fridays post to see the finished cardigan as per the pattern. Obviously, when it’s time to start the yolk part, there will be more length added to the cardigan. It’s a steeked pattern and it’s also cropped but even so, I’m amazed how short my piece looks. As you can see, I’ve also almost finished one of the sleeves too, just a few centimetres to go. I’m enjoying this project and feel, for a cardigan, it’s developing quite quickly. I’m quite excited to start the yolk and see how the colourwork develops. Possibly, another two weeks could see a finished garment ! To this point, I’ve simply followed the pattern with no modifications. One of my knitting friends has suggested I may consider some short row shaping at the back of the neck. I will possibly go for this (when the time comes) but so far, it’s going OK.

Next up, is my From Scratch Socks. This is my own design and I’ve started writing up the pattern as I knit the socks. However, I’ve only added a few rows to the socks, the good thing is both socks benefit at the same time ! I’m hoping to make time for more knitting this weekend, so should make more progress. Hopefully, I could have my finished socks next week.

My next story is an acquisition. I’ve signed up to the Handmade Sock Society from Curious Handmade (Helen Stewart). I’ve decided it’s time to make myself work on some new sock patterns. I always have a pair of sock ‘on the go’ but recently I’ve relaxed into working my From Scratch pattern every time. I do like the From Scratch but I think it’s time to challenge myself. 
So, my challenge will be joining the Handmade Sock Society. Go and look at Helens blog here for how to sign up and other related stuff. The Sock Sociey is up and running, 6 sock patterns are released from Feb. to Dec. I’m a bit late to the party, so the first pattern has been released and is called Winter Rose Socks. Lovely, pretty socks with a ‘lace’ feel. I’m not sure about my yarn yet ? I do have lots of yarn which would work however, I’m thinking I may dye some for the job. I need to do some thinking about colours first. I love Helen’s patterns, she has a way of writing her patterns which gives a specific stitch count to each row as well as stating % complete column. I love that ‘column’ - so motivating ! Can’t wait to cast on. I will wait until I’m finished my current socks - this will give me time to sort out the yarn.

That’s it for this week, no crochet or spinning again. I really need to address my spinning or lack of it ! 

Thanks for calling in today. 
Have a great weekend - I’ll be back on Monday.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment