Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 2 February 2018

Fibre Friday Update

Hi Everyone
My Fibre Update is very much like last weeks episode in terms of the projects. However, I’ve moved on with each project and am almost finished two of them. Here’s a quick look at my progress :

                    

Looking at my photo story and working clockwise from the top left ; my first slot is for spinning (read back last Friday for the full spinning project). I’ve completed a couple of sessions this week and will keep going for another week or two, possibly three ? The fibre is spinning up into a probable dk yarn. I’ve yet to ply the yarn but I’m reasonably confident it will be a dk. It’s generally going well.
Moving on, I’ve finished the Garland Sweater (almost) and will wear it today. I’m still not sure about the ‘neck’. I quite like the ‘roll over’ neck but the pattern suggests a stitched down version of the collar, on the inside. I think, I need to wear the sweater to see which I prefer. I’ve ‘sewn in’ the ends but haven’t blocked the garment. I think, it’s OK ‘unblocked’ (for now)because of the characteristics of mohair yarn. I’ll make my decision about the collar by the end of the day.
My next story is the new From Scratch Socks. I’m knitting two at a time so they are moving quite slowly. They will be a very plain and simple sock with an AfterThought Heel design. I’m planning on some basic leg stitch pattern alongside a change in colour (combination of purl and plain rows) and I’m writing up the pattern as I go. I’ve made some progress with the socks but most of my time this week has been spent on the Spindrift Shawl. This brings me onto the last story, my Spindrift Shawl. I’m very nearly finished. I have about half of the last row which is a picot cast off. I’m very pleased with the results. I love the colour of the yarn, it’s a WYS dk fleece Gems in the Peridot colourway. Initially, I had thought about adding a row or two of grey but have decided I like the single colour. Perhaps! I need another shawl with the grey ? 

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment