Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 February 2018

Stitch a story continues

Hi Everyone 
I’m getting into the actual making part of my first Stitched Story today (read back for more on this project). I’ve had various rethinks about how and where to go with this project and it’s time to see what works. Yesterday, I tested out a couple of ways of transferring images onto fabric but in the end they all are very similar and the difference is more in the fabric and stitch technique to be used rather than the transfer process. Check out this
information if you need to know more . From the various techniques described in my link, I used a tracing technique both with a pencil and a ‘disappearing’ pen (ie the pen mark fades very quickly). Both worked OK but the disappearing pen image didn’t stay long enough for me. I also tested out stamping an image onto the fabric with an ink pad. The stamping is good, again depending on the fabric used. I also looked at heat tansfer templates but failed to find a commercially produced images which would suite my project. I could make my own and may do this later.

My Stitched Story will comprise a range of sampler patches. Each patch will be worked separately and eventually stitched onto my little bag, eventually covering the whole bag. The actual bag will form a type of lining to the final piece and will develop as the project develop. I’d like to keep the design and development- ‘fluid’.

                  

I’ve sourced some butterfly buttons (inspired by the butterfly picture) - this is a framed piece in my house and has inspired lots of elements in my paintings). I’m very excited about the buttons and will add them at various points when I’ve completed my patch. I’m using my Miss Mitchell doll image as a focus for my patch. She will give me a colour palette as well as a focus for a little fabric appliqué element. I’ve also found a lovely little stitch pattern in a Mollie Makes online publication (check it out  here ). I’ll use the pattern to embellish my patch, again I’m not sure how things will exactly turn out. I want to experiment and see where the project takes me.

I’ll share  results as I go. Call in tomorrow for another update.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment