Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 8 February 2018

Silver Day (8/2/18)

Hi Everyone 
It’s another Silver Day today. My little project for today is experimenting with a T-Bar clasp design. I’ve got a few ideas which move away from the absolute basic round component and bar shape with a small jump ring. I’m especially looking for a neat, minimal approach. The size is quite important to me. My experiments will inform a design for a specific silver bracelet clasp so I’m hoping to develop a range of sizes in a quest to find the right one. I’ll make the initial prototypes in copper with a view to choosing a particular design and size. Here’s a little inspiration photo story to start my project:

                 

I quite like the bottom left shaped Bar element. The shaped wire and hammered sides is an elegant look. I also like the top right idea for the actual ring part of the clasp, perhaps I can combine the two into my design. I’ll also make a traditional design, bottom right (without the line pattern) which is probably the one for the bracelet. It’s more about proportions for my experiments. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment