Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 February 2018

Hoop Art Sample

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharinging my first sample for the Hoop Art Project today. This is a sample stitch piece in the shape of a heart. I’ve used a simple temporary tack stitch around my heart shape to act as a guide for the start/end stitch patterns. It’s a simple but effective way of creating the heart shape. I did consider pencil lines but they were difficult to remove (entirely) without damaging the stitch pattern as well as the fabric. This piece is ornamental and as such will not be subject to use, the fabric is not particularly robust and somehow the temporary tack method worked for me.

                  

I chose to select twelve basic embroidery stitches, some are variations of others but I did use all tewelve at least once. I included fifteen lines of embroidery in total. It’s the overal effect I’m after rather than displaying the stitches but I did want some variation. I’m considering adding some tiny beads to some of the stitches and feel the whole thing is very pretty.
From left to right, the stitches I used are as follows : Split Stitch; Double threaded Backstitch;Running Stitch;Stem Stitch;Feathered Stitch;Double threaded Back Stitch; Star Stitch; Chain Stitch; Split Stitch; Stem Stitch; Laced Running Stitch; Laced Running Stitch; Whipped Running Stitch; Running Stutch and Stem Stitch. I experimented with different stitch lengths which can make quite a difference to the same embroidery stitch.

The next part of the plan is to continue with experiments and make a second sample which includes another range of stitches.

Call in tomorrow for more on the Hoop Art Project. Thanks for visiting today.




No comments:

Post a Comment