Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Birthdays Gift

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing one of my wonderful birthday gifts with you today. Read yesterday’s blog for background to the birthday story. Today’s gift is in two parts, a pattern book and some beautiful fabric. 

        

You will notice, the pattern book is actually written in Japanese ! I’m hoping I can cope. All seems well at the moment, the diagrams are brilliant and the designs are quite simple in structure - famous last words. The book contains twelve garment designs but each design has two options, a close fitting (small design) and a generous, loose fitting (big design). I’m told the title says Big Clothes and Small Clothes. It all seems very straightforward! The book is available from Etsy. I do have a Japanese friend, so if things get tricky, I can call upon her for help.

The fabric is a gorgeous cotton print from Merchant&Mills. I love the fabric design and can’t wait to test it out.

My first make from the book will be the dress on the front of the book, the bigger loose version. My plan is to wear it as a layering item with either blouses or T shirts. However, in hot weather I’m sure it will be a great sundress.

There are quite a number of Japanese pattern books available and if these designs and the making process work well, I can see myself using more of them. I’ve been reading about and wondering about this particular book for quite sometime and am thrilled with the gift. Most of my birthday gifts were on a WishList but that doesn’t take anything away from the delight at receiving them. 

All the designs in the book are lovely, I will definitely be making them all. They vary from dresses to trousers to coats, so lots of things to make. Beyond excited about all this.

Thanks for calling in today.
Keep safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment