Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 7 October 2016

Painting Yarn

Hi Everyone
I'm  going to spend some time trying to re paint some yarn today. A few weeks ago, I finished knitting a small scarf/cowl in a cotton yarn which I'd previously hand dyed. My original dyed colours washed out and although I liked the colours, it wasn't quite what I'd intended. My original choice of colours were much deeper and I'd like to go for something similar.

                                  

As I've knitted up the item the painting will also be a little different. I'm not sure how the colours will turn out or what technique I will use - I'm treating the process as an experiment. This time I will pay much more attention to my dye mix and be especially aware of timings. I will take note of what happens and share my findings next week.

Have a great weekend and thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment