Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 3 October 2016

Shibori Experiments

Hi Everyone
Today, I'm experimenting with Shibori. Shibori is a Japanese manual resist dying technique, which produces patterns on fabric. I've much admired this art form from a distance and it's time I started to experiment.
I'm hoping I can reproduce a simple pattern using a stitch technique as the resist. I've seen many lovely examples of this type of  Shibori on Pinterest (take a look and marvel at the results) producing a seed or flower type shape. I'm not sure how things will turn out ? I'm going to use a blue colour dye on simple cotton fabric and will go for a small Fat Quarter size piece to start.
Here is a quick look at how the stitching part of the technique will look :

                                   

I'm not sure how things will turn out ? Hopefully, I can create something which can combine with my recent stamp/printing experiments. I'd like to add stamped images to my Shibori experiment.

Thanks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment