Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone
My current knitting project is a lovely blue/grey poncho (knitted in Dovestone yarn DK -aire ) and the weather is turning a little colder so I need it to be finished soon. I featured the project on 27/9/16 (read back for details) - here it is for reference :

                                   

Everything was going great until I tried on the piece, probably about 1/3 of the way into the body. After looking at it for most of the evening, I decided I didn't  like the stitch design on the middle of the piece. The pattern has a series of cable features and traditional looking rows around the middle of the poncho. It's easy to produce but you do need to concentrate. I needed to redo several sections, a few times ! I quite like the idea of the traditional pattern and do appreciate the idea of the link with the designers 'gansey' idea. But I didn't like it. I felt I would 'let down' the original design if I changed it !
I wasn't sure what to do ? - so decided to sleep on it.
 Next day, the patterned stitches came out - several hours of knitting gone ! I'm left with the cable, I like that part but have re knitted the whole section in stocking stitch. It's good. I like it and it's much easier to knit. All is well. Lots more to go but I'm looking forward to wearing it soon - hopefully another week will do it.

                                
As you can see, there's a single cable down the centre. This cable is repeated on the back and down both sides. It looks good to me.

Thnaks for calling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment