Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 5 December 2016

Knitted Jewellery

Hi Everyone
I'm starting another little knitting project this week. This time it's a knitted and beaded bracelet. I've got the idea from a lovely book - 'Betsy Beads by Betsy Hershberg'. This book is full of very stylish knitted jewellery. 
The trick with most of the jewellery patterns I've studied seems to be 'neatness' in the stitches. I need a bit of practice with the beaded part but it's working out OK. 
I'm hoping to introduce the project to our regular Making Group Makers after Christmas and will work on making the technique process as simple as possible. I'm also hoping we can dye our own yarn as part of the project. This will allow us to have the colours we want in the yarn. In the meantime, take a look at the samples from the book - so inspiring.

                        

The bracelets are basically a knitted cord - the number of stitches determines the width. Beads are pre threaded and knitted into the cord. To give a firmness to the bracelet an elastic cord is threaded through the finished cord. That's it. However, it does require a beautiful knit and a careful placing of the beads. I think I'm going for a loose, bangle style bracelet rather than a snug fit around the wrist. I'm not quite there yet but will share my samples when finished.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment