Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Handmade Wardrobe

Hi Everyone
Following on from my blog episode yesterday (read back for details), I'm launching 'phase 1' of my Handmade Wardrobe Initiative ! Not sure I should be making this general knowledge - yet ? However, I'm quite keen to get going with the idea, so why not ? I don't have a timescale for my plan or indeed a plan beyond the initial 'make' but I am thinking about a plan. Before I start backtracking (the whole idea is rather scary), here is a look at my first project :

                               

I'm starting with a very safe bet, it's a pyjama set (far right image), very few people will see me wearing this stuff ! 

I've been looking for something like this for a few weeks and the pattern presented itself (on sale too) a few days ago. The fabric is a beautiful cotton in very pretty colours. I like a pair of pyjamas for lounging around the house and desperately need to replace my current range. Hopefully, this pattern will work well and I can make a few more sets, perhaps varying the pattern as I go.

My plan is to cut out the fabric one day and sew the next. I may need more time for finishing but the pattern is very simple so I'm hoping this make will be a quick one. I like perfection with my sewing so will take my time. I have a need for the inside to be as good as the outside ! - a throwback from my childhood - my Grandmother was a professional and insisted on high standards of finishing.

I love the idea of sewing but it's quite some time since I made a garment. I've made all kinds of stuff in the past : wedding dresses, coats and jackets etc so I am confident sewer but it's been quite a while since I made anything to wear for myself. However, I'm quite excited about starting. I'll share my progress as I go, I'm not sure when I will start, exactly ? but it will be before the end of the week.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment