Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Happy Days

Hi Everyone
It's Day 2 back at home (from our little family holiday) and I'm actually feeling quite relaxed. Ive been washing and tidying- post holiday since arriving home and there's still quite a bit of work to do, however, I've started a new knit and somehow that seems more important ! - achieving this mindset is rather satisfying ! The new knit is the Amelia Ruffle Scart by Alison Moreton.

                

I've had the idea of the project in my head for a few weeks and did wonder what to knit next, after my Spotty Socks (look back yesterday for a look). Each time I thought about what my next  knit would be, the Amelia scarf immediately came into my mind.
I like the simplicity of the look but the quirky ruffle edge also appeals to me. I'm using baa ram ewe Dovestone in the Wesley Bib colour way, the pattern uses the baa ram ewe Titus yarn which is a finer weight but I'm happy with how the fabric is developing so far. I've only just started but it's going well. The rows just 'fly' by.
The ruffle part of the design has an interesting crochet technique attached to it which I'm looking forward to trying. The main part of the scarf uses a series of short rows so the scarf is knitted sideways. This sideways knit means there is a reasonable amount of stitches on the needles at anyone time. Some of my recent knits have required hundreds of stitches per round and it's quite a daunting task after a while. The shorter rows are very encouraging.
I'm looking forward to a knitting session later today and will share my progress on the Friday Fibre update.

Thanks for calling in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment